Support groups bring together people who are going through or have gone through similar experiences. A support group provides an opportunity for people to share personal experiences and feelings, coping strategies, or firsthand information.
Benefits of participating in a support group may include:
- Feeling less lonely, isolated or judged
- Reducing distress, depression, anxiety or fatigue
- Talking openly and honestly about one’s feelings
- Improving skills to cope with challenges
- Gaining a sense of empowerment, control or hope
- Improving understanding of the particular topic and one’s own experience with it
- Getting practical feedback
- Learning about health, economic or social resources
BYS support groups are available to youth 13 – 19 years old. Each support group is facilitated by a counselor or an expert in the field. Most of our support groups run on a weekly basis.
We currently do not have any Support Groups running.
If there is a particular support group that would be of interest to you, please email BYS or call the front desk at 206-842-9675.