Race Date and location: July 3rd, 4th, and 5th, 2021 – Choose your own time and route! Have fun – run, walk, hike, bike, or jog in your neighborhood or a favorite park. Not on Bainbridge for the holiday? No problem – participate from wherever you are – see prize for Global Bainbridge!
Virtual 5K or 1 Mile – all ages. This is your chance to do the fun run on your own terms! Run, bike, hop, skip…get creative, complete any time or place, July 3rd – 5th. Send us your pictures #BYSJuly4thFunRun. Entry fee $20 per participant. Includes a race bib and the opportunity to win prizes and earn a t-shirt if you raise $100 over your entry fee.
New -July 4th 5K with a Pro! – Secure your spot in this event limited to 20 participants. Your $100 donation will have you running the traditional BYS Grand Old 4th 5K route with pro runner and BYS board member Greg Nance the morning of July 4th. Email [email protected] for details and to secure your spot. First come, first served.
New – 1 Mile Fun Run with a Pro! – 1 Mile and 5K registrants are invited to join Greg Nance -island native, BYS board member, and pro runner- for a one mile July 4th fun run at Battle Point Park. This is a non-timed casual FUN run. All ages and abilities are welcome. Participants should meet at 10:30 a.m. at the small play area by the baseball/softball fields on the southwest side of the park. Plan on warmups and stretching ahead of the 11:00 a.m. start. Participants will sign in at the staging area check in station. Covid protocols and signage will be in place. Please email [email protected] with questions.
Kids Dash – kids 7 and under. Entry fee $10 per kid and includes a race bib and the opportunity to win prizes and earn a t-shirt if you raise $100 over your entry fee. Create your own obstacle course, go on a treasure hunt, get creative and send us your pictures!
The Dog Jog – Bring Fido! Entry fee $10 per dog and includes a commemorative bandana for your pet. Win a prize for your Sporty Dog!
Miss the competition? – Post your time to #BYSJuly4thFunRun-canyoubeatthis. By participating you bring in a big win for BYS!
Post a photo of yourself and/or your team on Facebook or Instagram, use the hashtag #BYSJuly4thFunRun and tag us for the chance to win a prize in one of these categories:
- Spirit of Bainbridge – picture of participants at iconic Bainbridge locations
- Most fun at the Fun Run – photo captures a sense of fun, joy, or goofiness
- Global Bainbridge – photo of participant from far away from Bainbridge
- Independence Day – most 4th of July bling or runners doing typical 4th of July activities – think flags, painted faces…..
- Kids being Kids – most creative kids dash event….how about a goofy obstacle course?
- Team Money Bags – team that raises the most money
- Go Getter – Individual that obtains the most sponsors
- High Achiever – Individual that raises the most money
- Sportiest Dog – Don the commemorative bandana and send us a picture
Winners will be selected and notified the week of July 6th!
Get the Iconic BYS Fun Run T-shirt
New this year – Super Soft t-shirts featuring the winning student art from The BYS Fun Run art contest. You will want to wear this shirt over and over again! Shirts are earned through your donations or are available for purchase separate from the registration fee. T-shirts purchased and ordered by June 17th will be available for pickup beginning June 30th, during our gear pickup up times (below). T-shirts purchased or earned after June 17th will be available for pickup at the BYS office the week of July 19-23, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Get your Gear!
T-shirts (ordered by June 17th), bibs, and dog bandanas may be picked up at the BYS building on the campus of the Bainbridge Island School District (across the parking lot from the Aquatics Center) at 8533 Madison Avenue N. Directions are here. Pickup dates and times are:
- Wednesday, June 30th through Friday, July 2nd from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 3rd and Sunday, July 4th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- T-shirts ordered after June 17th (or earned) available for pickup at the BYS office the week of July 19-23, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.